Design your own custom acrylic knife from the ground up!
This is different than Personalizing the blade for an existing Essential Edge from our Stock Styles, past & present.
Use this to create your own unique handles and blade for a blade that is *you*. We are very happy to answer questions, and we will reach out for more information, so make sure to check your email within a few days of placing the order. Send us samples to get us the colors and mood (RGB, web colors, links, pintrest boards, etc). If there's lettering, tell us what font or a sample.
Handle Color Effects:
How detailed your color effect is determines a majority of the price - plain matte black is much cheaper than a harder resin effect like petri/blooms. Please keep your blade color in mind if you pick a Resin option that has transparency. Strong blade colors can cause colors to disappear (ex: black blade with a transparent red handle - the handle just looks mostly black!)
- Single Opaque Color (Tier 1): These are by far the easiest & least expensive! They also work well if you want to DIY and paint your own handles. If you want us to hand paint your handles, select this option and we'll quote & invoice your painting separately - feel free to email us prior to order for the quote.
- Multi Opaque Color (Tier 2): If you want two (or more) colors on opaque handles, use this. This works well for a marbled or swirl effect that aren't transparent.
- Dungeon Handle Metallic Effects (Tier 2): If you selected a dungeon or dungeon deluxe handle, we recommend this option generally! We hand paint sections of the mold with metallic pigment, and can do fun accent resin colors in the deluxe version.
- Resin Effect (up to 2 Colors) (Tier 2): Use this for most resin effects! Please keep in mind that "clear" counts as one of the 2 colors, if you want something like a smokey effect with white and clear swirls. Glow in the dark, glitter, and similar additives can be added to either color. We have a vast variety and love to get more - feel free to send us pics of what you're thinking!
- Resin (difficult effects and objects) (Tier 3): This covers any other resin effects not otherwise listed, multiple rainbows of colors, or embedding small objects like flowers in it. If it's complicated to discuss, it's probably this effect.
This is the shape of the handle. We will assign the knife or dagger style based on the blade you picked. If you're getting multiple pieces at once, we'll check in which goes to which if we're unsure of your notes.
- Modern: This is the classic handle, and comes in either gloss (default) or matte finish. This works well for most resin effects for best clarity.
- Modern Deluxe: These futurized art-deco themed handles are great for adding extra detail to a piece. We can color individual sections separately - such as a center glowing gem, opaque accents on an otherwise clear handle. This also works well for adding some texture to a simple resin pattern, or to give you some extra grip.
- Dungeon (& Dungeon Deluxe): This is perfect for medieval fantasy themed pieces and rugged aesthetics. The handle has a rough texture, and the deluxe has smoother accent sections, both of which can be colored separately. Metallic effects are best for these: gold, silver, copper, along with a few others like pewter, dark pink, purple, blue, teal and magenta. The gem effect in the center of the deluxe handle can be resin. We recommend selecting "dungeon handle metallic effects for the handle color effect. We usually use opaque black as a base resin to achieve the metallic effects. The standard Dungeon handle also works well for resin effects like bone or ivory.
- Artisan: These are an elevated Modern, with an inset for making secondary effects - such as gears for steampunk looks, hand painted features, or inlaying a very small object. We can also do some "handle engraving" using this handle, if you really want the handle and not the blade to have words or a picture.
- Custom Shape: We can 3D print custom shapes too! These have a base minimum price, and depending on your idea, we may separately quote and invoice more - feel free to talk to us prior to order to discuss it. Ideally, we recommend following our standard outline, but that's not required.
This is just the color of the pair of screws for the handle. They are made of brass in various color effects. If you have a preference, write it in with "Describe Your Handles" (Black, Aged Brass, Brass, Silver, Pewter). No other colors are available.
We'll do our best to get as close as possible to your vision! Ultimately, if your effect is more than what's covered here, we'll quote the additional within a few days of receiving the order.
Custom Blade shapes and sizes, leather wrap, wood or custom shapes entirely are all at least the highest price on here and then may cost more - will require us to quote it. Chat with us before you place your order.
If we need to adjust your design due to your desired budget, we'll talk about it! We're very happy to work within your means.